Korean Garlic Beef Bowl

I made this for dinner yesterday and everyone over ate.  Rather embarrassing. It means the food was really good but we are piggies!  I served this on sticky rice which was perfect.

  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1-1/2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons of gochujang
  • 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
  • 5 large cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into 1/4" thick wedges
  • 3 cups of shredded cabbage
  • 1 cup thinly sliced kimchi
  • 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
While your rice is cooking, saute' the beef in the sesame oil until brown.  Add the garlic, ginger, kimchi, cabbage and onions and cook for a few minutes until it starts to soften. In a separate bowl, mix the soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, gochujang, fish sauce and black pepper.  Pour this over the beef and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.  Taste for seasoning and adjust.  Serve over rice.

I'd double this because 4 of us wiped this out.



Comments

Susan said…
I think I would have fought you for it. I cannot get this out of my head. Guess it's on the menu for this weekend!
Anonymous said…
I really should try and make Korean food because it can't be found here at all.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Alicia Foodycat said…
I have kimchi! Definitely making this next week.
TARYTERRE said…
The perfect meal. Looks delicious. POSITIVELY divine.
chickpea678 said…
Boy, do you feed your family well and adventurously!