Cubanos

 I brined and roasted a pork loin roast so I could make cubano sandwiches for my kids. I hadn't made a pork roast in quite some time and it made me wonder why I don't.  They are so good and so easy.

 Once the roast finishes cooking, you need to slice it as thin as possible.

 You can buy rolls or make your own.

 Traditionally cubano rolls are slightly sweeter and a bit denser than an ordinary sub roll.

 Spread both sides of a split roll with yellow mustard and then layer with Swiss cheese, Black Forest ham (smokey),  the sliced pork, dill pickles (most important) and more Swiss cheese.

 Place them in a hot pan with melted butter.

Press them with a heavy weight or make them in a panini press.
Cook them on medium heat until the cheese is melted and the crust is crunchy.  Turn the heat down if they are browning too quickly.  Place them in a warm oven until ready to serve.

Comments

Leanna said…
OMG! I'm dying here. Putting them into a panini press it sooooo freaking good. Send me some please? I'm a dying woman on my last breath. Umm, my dog ran away. Um, just send me some, I'll pay.
Linda said…
Those look and sound sooo good. Your pictures and blog just kill me. I just ate and am still hungry again.
Anonymous said…
They are delicious and it is a good thing I've just eaten otherwise I've made a couple and that would be way too muych this late :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Rain said…
Yours look lovely. We make Cuban (we call them that) sandwiches too once in a while and it's a nice treat! :)
StrictlyMystic said…
Sooooo...will you be posting the recipe for the rolls or just leaving us drooling? Those look absolutely wonderful.
Guillaume said…
I must confess: I hate ham!

Sorry I had to say it. Nothing against your cooking, you know how much I wish I could eat most of what you blog about, but this I could not for the life of me.
SantasHauntedB said…
And now I'm hungry! These look amazing and I'm all about sandwiches. :)
Theresa Y said…
My daughter Ashley is a chef and would work her stand at different farmers markets on Saturdays. this was one of her specialties and always sold out. They are delicious. Your buns are beautiful.