Thanksgiving Pumpkin and Leaf Cookies

 My daughter and I spend 3 hours yesterday icing these cookies yesterday.  I made the cookies in advance and froze them, then we defrosted them in the morning before decorating them.

 If you are a masochist and want to make these you can find the recipe here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2010/08/fall-recipes.html

 Then, I started decorating for Xmas.

 I placed twinkling lights under the snow.

 And I got out the Xmas pillows.

I'll try to get a video of this and post it.

Comments

They are beautiful cookies and although I love baking, I am not a masochist. You were fortunate to have your daughter to help you and I bet you had fun doing it with her.
Valerie said…
I love looking at all your decorations. Thanks for sharing.
Gawd yeah, those cookies look like a ton of work!
Lady M said…
Very cute cookies!
Susan said…
Those look like the type of cookie that I would let someone bake (and ice) for me. Then I would eat them all. I bet your house looks magical for Christmas!
Anonymous said…
I do like the bright strong colors on the cookies!

A bit early to start the christmas decoration for me but I have started to drink Julmust :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Linda said…
I will decorate and let someone else bake.
Rain said…
You're decorations are so cozy!!! I love them! And those cookies are wonderful...how many left of the 1500 to go? :)
StrictlyMystic said…
I was thinking how much work those cookies looked like they would be and then I read your comment. Thanks for the laugh! Your decorations are beautiful.
Anonymous said…
those cookies are amazing,, a lot of work and you know how I love your mantle,, it was worth the wait lol,,,yep I'm back,,
TARYTERRE said…
those cookies are beautiful for sure. perfect for the thanksgiving holiday. love your pretty xmas decorations too.
Jim said…
A lot of work...but just look at those cookies!!
Joyce, you are THE artist!!
Guillaume said…
I often forget that pumpkins are also part of Thanksgiving, not only Halloween.